Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Inexpensive Satin Ribbon


I use a lot of ribbon! There are so many projects that need ribbon, and because I use simple tissue paper to wrap gifts, I like to use nice satin ribbon when I can to embellish the packages.

But buying satin ribbon at normal art or craft stores can be very expensive, so I buy ribbon in large rolls to save money. My first purchase of bulk ribbon was a 100-yard roll of 7/8" wide white ribbon ten years ago. The next year I added basic red, blue, purple, and green ribbon in the same width and I'm still using the same rolls today! And by purchasing colors I use on a normal basis I have anticipated my ribbon needs so that whenever I have a project requiring ribbon, I already have the supplies on hand.

Try the ribbon yourself and see what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment