Saturday, June 18, 2011

Angry Birds Lantern Decorations


One fun decoration I created for my son's Angry Birds party was an Angry Bird lantern.


Materials:
  • 8" red paper lanterns, assembled
  • red feathers
  • string
  • printed out face images (two per lantern), see below
  • double sided tape
  • scissors
I cut out two faces -- one for the front and one for the back. Next I used double sided tape to attach the faces to each side of the lantern. I simply tucked the feathers into a metal loop at the top of the lantern, tied a string to the metal hanger, and hung it up.

I used a similar method to turn my modern Bubble Lamp into a huge white Angry Bird. For the white bird I used black feathers and printed out the face onto a sheet of transparent vellum so that light could shine through the face once the lamp was turned on. A large white paper lantern could be used as well.

I didn't make any other birds or pigs, but the same method could be used to make any of the round characters. I had hoped to find smaller light blue lanterns to make some blue Angry Birds in time for the party, but I ran out of time. If you enlarge the images, they can be used to make even larger lantern decorations. My large white bird made a very big impact hanging over goodie bags by my front door, and I think a large red bird would have been equally as fun!

click to enlarge



2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I live in France and I saw your blog, I found it amazing, you are very talented!
    Thanks for sharing all your ideas!

    I want to ask you where did you get the models to print the birds' faces in a large size?

    I looked into the internet but the images are small and I would like to make lanterns as big as you show in your pictures.

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, tayotas!

    I suggest clicking on the image to enlarge it and then right click on the enlarged image to save it to your computer. Then you can open it from your computer and it should print out sized to fit a full page.

    ReplyDelete