Thursday, June 23, 2011

Crown Gift Tag

Crown Gift Tag


This week my daughter will attend a Princess Spa Party, so I had an idea to make a crown gift tag to attach to the little girl's gift.





I dove into my collection of recycled scrap papers and came out with the following materials:

  • black card stock (Zwilling knife packaging)
  • gold card stock (back of a calendar)
  • pink patterned card stock (hand-stamped backing from a party invite my son received years ago)
  • white card stock (leftover from Christmas '08)

Other Materials:
  • jewels (sequins would work)
  • double sided tape
  • double sided foam tape
  • school glue
  • black pigment marker (size 05)
  • scissors




 I began by cutting out a simple crown shape from the gold paper.






I used double sided tape to attach the gold crown to the black paper.


Next I cut around the crown shape, leaving a thin black border around the crown as if the crown had been outlined with a marker.


After flipping the crown over, I attached small pieces of double sided foam tape to the back of the crown. This gave the crown more dimension, raising the crown slightly above the background.

I then attached the crown to the pink background paper and cut a rectangular shape around the crown.

*Tip: My rectangle curves slightly inward to emphasize the imperfection of the design. This way all of the other imperfections look intentional.


Using the same technique I used for the crown, I used double sided tape to attach the pink background to black paper and then cut a thin black border around the pink.


 I used more double sided tape to attach the whole thing to my white card stock. You could use a ready-made card here if you choose. Once attached, I used the marker to personalize the crown.


For my last step, I carefully put a small dab of school glue (the glue I had handy) on the back of each jewel and gently added them to the crown.

And that's it! A simple and yet personal gift tag to enhance the gift box or bag of some lucky Birthday Princess or Prince! Use tape to attach the tag, or make a small hole in the end of the tag using a punch and tie the tag to the package using a pretty ribbon.

*Tip: If you know what color the wrappings or bow will be, choose a background color that will coordinate with those colors. Often I use a gift tag like this one to tie the entire color scheme together.

Recycle those scraps!

No comments:

Post a Comment