Thursday, July 28, 2011

Recycled Ribbon Belt + Hair Bow


My daughter needed to wear a dress today. Unfortunately, the only one that fits her is a bit shapeless in design and I don't have a dressy belt to pair with it. So I dove into my gift wrap supplies.



I remembered in the back of my mind that I had a remnant piece of black ribbon from a gift someone gave me. When I found it, not only was it the exact length I need to wrap around my daughter's waist, but an embellishment attached to the ribbon was in the color scheme of the outfit.

So, in the end, I created a makeshift belt for my daughter's dress using black ribbon  and some safety pins, and a quick fancy hair bow using a decorative gift topper, a barrette, and some double sided tape. Easy, recycled, and no one would guess they once adorned a gift and not my daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment