Friday, September 23, 2011

Hello Kitty Bubbles


I enjoy party favors that match a theme. Unfortunately, most Hello Kitty party favors tend to be both small and expensive. So I decorated some bubble containers with some Hello Kitty (and friends) images I had left over from our party invitations and the result was an inexpensive favor that will work wonderfully for our party!


I used a combination of miscellaneous colored recycled paper scraps and a pack of 4"x6" craft paper my sister-in-law gave me for this project.

Other materials:
  • bubbles
  • ruler
  • scissors
  • double sided tape
  • compass or other circle-making tool
  • 1.5" diameter circle punch
  • Hello Kitty and friends images (see below)





I began by cutting out the images of Hello Kitty and her friends. I didn't cut them out perfectly, but I did try to leave a thin space of white around each image.






Next, I used a ruler to measure the paper band around the bubbles...





... and then I used the measurements to create bands of paper large enough to cover the existing bubble bands.





I used a compass to create circles slightly larger than the width of the paper bands on coordinating colors of paper and then cut the circles out.





Then I used my circle punch to cut out smaller circles in additional colors.




Once all the pieces were cut out, I basically just played around with the pieces until I thought each character had a good set of coordinating colors around it.




After that, all I needed to do was to use double sided tape to attach all of the pieces to the bottles of bubbles. I left the original bands around the bottles and taped the new papers directly to the bands. And that was it!

I think these bottles of bubbles are cute enough to double as a party decoration. Simply place them next to each place setting, or gather together in a basket by the door, and they will set the mood nicely for any Hello Kitty party!

click to enlarge


No comments:

Post a Comment