Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hello Kitty Friends Goodie Bags



My daughter loves Hello Kitty and all of Hello Kitty's friends, so when I needed goodie bags for her party and the party store only had green, pink, and blue gift bags, I decided to make Keroppi, My Melody, and Tuxedo Sam bags. Filling the bags with Hello Kitty-inspired goodies was fun! Here is a list of the items I chose to use in our bags:


I topped each bag with half-pieces of tissue paper in assorted colors. Setting all of the bags together somewhere makes a big impact and would decorate a table nicely for a party. I can't wait to give these fun bags to the kids!

For directions on making your own gift bags, click on the links below:
Keroppi gift bag
Tuxedo Sam gift bag
My Melody gift bag

7 comments:

  1. Hi, just wondering where you got those bags? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      I actually made each of the bags. There are links to each individual bag project in the first paragraph of this post. I'll try to add the links to the bottom of the post right now!

      Delete
  2. It is so beautiful! My daughter will be celebrating her 7th Birthday and she wants a Hello Kitty Party. I was looking everywhere for the actual gift bag but can't find those colors. Did you bought it online or you made it yourself too? (without the

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't actually make the bags, just decorated them, sorry! Bummer you're having problems finding the bags! I found them at a local party store and they were the only colors the store had at the time. If I had found other colors, I might have made other "friends", too!

      If you need a bag tutorial, this one looks promising:
      http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/2010/07/how-to-make-gift-bags-from-newspaper.html

      good luck!

      Delete
  3. I am trying to do these cute goodie bags for my daughter 5th bday party, but couldn't find the templates. What did you use as template in order to cut the hello kitty friends? Thanks a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there!

      At the end of this post you should see some links to each of gift bag projects. The templates can then be found toward the bottom of each post. Hope this helps!

      Delete
    2. I see... ok, but what software do you use to open these jpg? I printed them but they are too small to use as a template. Thanks.

      Delete