Thursday, September 22, 2011

Keroppi Gift Bag


Since one of the only bag colors left at the party store was green, Keroppi was the next logical choice for my daughter's party. He's such a cute little guy anyway, so I actually felt pretty lucky that the store had green -- I love it when a party idea comes together!


I began by going through my recycled paper scraps and I came up with the following materials:

  • white card stock (backs of cards, advertisements)
  • black card stock (clothing tags)
  • pink paper (envelope)

Other materials:

  • light green gift bag (mine was 5 1/2 inches wide)
  • pencil
  • scissors
  • double sided tape
  • double sided foam tape
  • Keroppi graphic (see below)





I began by cutting out the shapes of the Keroppi graphic. I only cut out one cheek since the cheeks are technically the same size and I only needed one for tracing purposes. I did not cut out the black portion of the eyes yet -- the white part of the eye would be easier to trace without it having a cut in it.

Next, I used a pencil to trace the outline of each shape onto the backs of each shape's prospective color (i.e.: the eye shape onto white, the cheek shape onto pink, and the mouth shape onto black). 

*Tip: I try to trace images onto the backs of the paper so that any lines left after cutting the images out are hidden on the backs of the images after flipping them back over again.




Then I cut out the black portion of the eye...





... and traced the shape onto black paper (twice for the two eyes).





Once all the shapes were traced, I cut everything out and put them into sets.




I used double sided tape to attach all but the black eye pieces to the bag. I would suggest using glue for the mouth -- because the shape is so thin, I found it difficult to attach the shape to the bag, but since my kids managed to hide my glue, I was stuck using the tape.




To attach the black portion of Keroppi's eyes, I used double sided foam tape to add a bit of dimension to the bag. Once this was added, the bag was complete.

I also made My Melody and Tuxedo Sam bags to add more color to our party. Now I just have to add goodies to go inside the bags!


click to enlarge

2 comments:

  1. very cute! i think will try to make some for the little guys coming to my daughter's hello kitty party...
    i stumbled across your blog today & think your projects are great :) i am trying to find more time in my days to be creative (and am doing a "daily-ish" photo blog this year too!)
    thanks for some new ideas!
    jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the adorable idea for a giveaway bag. I will try to make this for my kid's birthday. (",)

    ReplyDelete