Thursday, September 22, 2011

My Melody Gift Bag



When I think of Hello Kitty and the color pink, I immediately think of Hello Kitty's friend, My Melody. So when I searched the stores for party supplies and ran across some small pink gift bags, I knew I needed to put together some My Melody goodie bags for my daughter's party!


I began by going through my recycled paper scraps and I picked out the following materials:

  • white card stock (backs of cards, advertisements)
  • black card stock (clothing tags)
  • yellow card stock (leftovers from bee project)

Other materials:

  • pink gift bag (mine was 5 1/2 inches wide) *My Melody has been shown all different shades of pink, so while I chose dark pink, feel free to use lighter pink instead.
  • pencil
  • scissors
  • double sided tape
  • double sided foam tape
  • My Melody graphic (see below)






First, I cut out the two white shapes in the My Melody graphic. 




I used a pencil to trace the outline of each shape onto the back of the white card stock.

*Tip: I try to trace images onto the back of paper so that any lines left after cutting the images out are hidden after flipping them back over again.





Then I cut the shapes out and set them to the side.




Next, I cut out the remaining shapes of the My Melody graphic. I only cut out one eye since the eyes are technically the same size and I only need one for tracing purposes.




Using the same method as above, I used a pencil to trace the outline of each shape onto the backs of each shape's prospective color (i.e.: the nose and flower shapes onto yellow, and the eye and mouth shapes onto black)... 





... and then I cut the pieces out.




I used double sided tape to attach the eye, nose, mouth and flower's center shapes onto the white face and flower shapes...




... and used double sided tape to secure My Melody's face to the bag.




*Tip: On my first couple of bags I used what was left of the My Melody graphic to help me lay out spacing of the image correctly.




To attach My Melody's flower, I used double sided foam tape to add a bit of dimension to the bag. Once the flower was added, the bag was complete.

I also made Tuxedo Sam and Keroppi bags, so check those out if you need other Hello Kitty friends bag ideas. Also, click here if you need ideas for what to stuff inside that bags.
click to enlarge

2 comments:

  1. Integrity is the lifeblood of democracy. Deceit is a poison in its veins. See the link below for more info.


    #veins
    www.ufgop.org


    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look interesting. Keep posting.

    Count
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete