Thursday, October 20, 2011

Marshmallow Fondant Pumpkins




Ever since I used marshmallow fondant to make green pigs for my son's Angry Birds birthday party, I've been drawn to making special cupcake toppers out of fondant ever since. The latest fondant creations I made were these little pumpkins. So far, the pumpkins are the simplest cupcake toppers to make yet.

Just like in the past, I used a marshmallow fondant recipe I found on allrecipes.com for these pumpkins. Along with the marshmallows, powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla required in the recipe, I also used Betty Crocker Classic Gel Food Colors to tint most of the fondant orange and some of it green.




To make a pumpkin, I rolled one ball using the orange fondant and then a very small ball using green.




Next I used a toothpick to create the natural indents around the pumpkin.





Then I gently pressed the green ball onto the top of the pumpkin to make a stem. That was it!

If you haven't made or worked with marshmallow fondant in the past, feel free to visit my past cupcake topper instructions for some tips. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment