Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Handprint Turkey Puppets


My kids have always loved making handprint turkeys, so we absolutely had to do this project.


The kids traced their hands and then cut the handprints out. This ended up being a very good scissor skill- building project for my daughter.


Then I had my kids turn the handprints over to hide any pencil marks. 


We cut out some "feathers" from of our leaf-rubbing scraps...


... and the kids glued them wherever they wanted.



Both kids also added feet, eye, and waddle shapes to their turkeys before gluing popsicle sticks to the backs of the turkeys.


VoilĂ : instant handprint turkey puppet! My son wanted to keep making more and my daughter was so excited to have a puppet show that she immediately made tickets for my husband and I to attend her show.

Sometimes the most predictable projects are the most fun ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment