Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Pumpkin Carving Party


After talking about it for years, we finally got around to having a pumpkin carving party. We had a great time!


I had so much fun decorating for this party! I used a combination of newly made decorations and many older Halloween decorations my mom gave me from when I was a child. I made a long paper garland and gave my fireplace a makeover.




Each pumpkin that came through the door was given a label to prevent pumpkin confusion, and everyone (even the kids) needed to vote for pumpkins (funniest, scariest, most creative, and best overall pumpkin) before they left. 



Because the party had a "drop-in" format, as each person completed a pumpkin, we quickly took a picture of the pumpkin, printed out the photo, and added it to our voting wall. This way guests who came later could still view carved pumpkins of earlier guests.



I set up a Halloween coloring table in my family room...


... and my dining room was set up as a craft area for decorating mini pumpkins and for making pumpkin party favors



We gave out prizes and had Halloween treats.


Overall, I think the party went really well! We hope to repeat this party each year, and we know that the party should get better each time!



Hooray for pumpkin carving!

No comments:

Post a Comment