Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Snowflake Ornaments


This year, I wanted to make sure my son made gifts for his teachers himself. Earlier this year, my son noticed that a flower he had made using "Perler" beads looked a lot like a snowflake after breaking off a few of its pieces. We decided together that turning the partial flowers white would finish their transformation into proper snowflakes.



To make these ornaments, my son used a small six-pointed star-shaped peg board and some white beads and arranged them in the above pattern.


Then I ironed them as directed and added silver string for hanging. That was it!


My son was so excited to give his gifts to his teachers! And I was glad to begin teaching my son about giving from his own heart's creativity and from his own two hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment