Thursday, December 22, 2011

Felt Flower Barrettes


Since my first felt flower project turned out so darn cute, I decided to have a second try by making these simple rose barrettes. Again, I used a tutorial I found on Craftiness Is Not Optional.



I used the same shape I used on my previous felt flower project. I used one large and two medium-sized felt flower shapes to make this barrette. Once the shapes are cut out, I cut a spiral to the center of the flower shape.


Then, beginning with the outside of the flower shape, I used hot glue to roll the rose shape into existence. I found that the start of rolling was a bit difficult since I was trying my best not to burn my fingers on the glue, but once you get it started, it rolls into shape pretty easily. The center of the spiral covers the bottom of the roses well.


After covering the barrettes with strips of felt, I simply hot glued the roses onto the barrettes. That was it!


For more felt flowers, check out my posts about felt flower pins and felt flower headbands!

No comments:

Post a Comment