Thursday, December 29, 2011

Felt Flower Headbands


After I made the felt flower pins and barrettes using the tutorials I found on Craftiness Is Not Optional, I decided to try out some headbands.




For this flower, I used a long strip of felt, folded it over and hot glued the strip together along its edge.


Then I used scissors to snip the folded edge of the strip along the entire length of the strip.


I rolled the flower into shape using hot glue...


...and then I pushed down on the top of the flower to help it lay down flatter.


The bottom of the flower is pretty large compared to the other flowers.


I glued two leaf shapes to cover most of the bottom and then sandwiched the headband between the leaves and a circle of felt.


I paired the headband with one I made previously using a different tutorial. The two together made for a sweet gift for my niece!

For more felt flowers, check out my posts on felt flower pins and felt flower barrettes!

2 comments:

  1. these are seriously adorable, you've been one busy little crafty beaver!! I've been pinning your pics all night! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Thanks, Dawn! Pinning has brought so many great folks to my blog, so I appreciate all of the pin love! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete