Thursday, December 15, 2011

Felt Flower Pins


I've seen felt flower tutorials all over lately, and I decided some felt flower pins might make simple little gifts for Christmas. I used a tutorial from the blog Craftiness Is Not Optional to make the flowers for this project. I highly recommend heading over to this blog to check out all of it's wonderful ideas!



I used seven felt flower shapes to make these flowers -- six medium and one small. Because I don't have a die cutting machine, I cut these out by hand after making patterns. I found that the shapes didn't need to be perfect for this project.


Then I followed the tutorial by using a glue gun to glue and fold all but one medium flower into quarters.



Next I used my glue gun to attach all of the quartered pieces to the remaining flat flower piece. First I glued down four folded flowers and then added the final flowers to the center.


I also used the same flowers to make a few barrettes and then some headbands like the ones shown on Craftiness Is Not Optional. For all of the flowers, I cut out a slightly smaller circle of felt to attach the flowers to their pins/barrettes/headbands.



I gave the pins to my daughter's teachers for Christmas because every teacher needs a bright little flower to brighten her day, and these will permanently bloom! Thank you, Craftiness Is Not Optional!

For more felt flowers, check out my posts about felt flower barrettes and felt flower headbands!

2 comments:

  1. The mind is a great philosopher. And life is not a philosophy, life is a reality. And philosophy is an escape from reality; philosophy means thinking. Life is, there is no question of thought. You can simply jump into it. You can simply experience it. Visit my site for more information.Thank you.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Awesome article. Please do more articles like this in the future. Very informational and knowledgeable. I will expect more from you in the future. For now i will just bookmark your page and surely I'm gonna come back later to read more. Thank you to the writer!


    Rica
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete