Monday, January 23, 2012

Bean + Plate Maracas


My daughter's kindergarten class had a Las Posadas party at the end of the year and I volunteered to come up with a quick and easy craft for the kids to do during the party. Bean and plate maracas worked perfectly for their Mexican celebration theme and they were so simple!


All I needed were disposable plates (I used plastic so the underside would be colorful but paper would work, too), streamers, dry beans, stickers, tape, and a stapler.


The kids decorated the plates with stickers, taped some streamers to the inside of one plate and then added a handful of dry beans to the plate.


An adult stapled the plates together.


And that was it: quick and easy bean and plate maracas!


If you have more than one stapler you might try them out to see if they squish the plates when you staple them together. The red maraca was made with my stapler at home and the yellow one was made with the stapler in my daughter's class.

¡Felices fiestas!

No comments:

Post a Comment