Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Maple Snow Toffee


As a girl, I remember reading "Little House in the Big Woods" and thinking the description of candy made by pouring maple syrup into snow was such a great idea! I always wanted to try it! Then I found this recipe on WonderTime and knew it was time to give it a go.


I brought 1 cup of maple syrup (the real stuff) and 1/4 cup of butter to boil over medium-high heat...


... and heated it for about 6, stirring almost constantly to avoid boiling over.


Then, I gathered some snow, and after letting the mixture cool for a couple of minutes, I drizzled the maple syrup onto the snow.


After just a few seconds, we could peel the toffee off of the snow using our fingers.


The snow made for some interesting shapes.


And not only did it taste great, but it made our house smell so yummy!



 We will definitely make this candy again in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment