Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Vanilla Snow Shake


My kids decided to try pouring some juice over some snow and all they ended up with was cold juice. So I decided it was time to try out a recipe for Snow Shakes I found on Macheesmo.com.


The recipe is simple: add 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla to 2 cups of milk (I used rice milk) and stir until the sugar dissolves.


Then gather some snow in a bowl and pour the milk mixture into it slowly...


... stirring with a whisk or fork until you get the consistency you desire. I used about 5 cups of snow and about half of the milk mixture.


Then just pour into a couple of glasses and enjoy!


My kids used straws at first, but then they switched to using our long-handled spoons, scooping it up like ice cream. Tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment