Monday, February 20, 2012

Colorful Hands


I forgot to gather supplies so the kids could make their weekly craft, so when I looked into the craft bag during my daughter's vision therapy appointment and found only colored pencils and paper, I had no idea what we were going to do.

All I have to say is, "Thank you, internet!" I did a search for kids art projects using colored pencils and I ran into this colorful hands blog post that I knew the kids would be able to tackle.


The kids started by tracing their hands onto paper. They repeated tracing until they each had several "hand prints" overlapping one another on their pages.



Then the kids went to work coloring in the different shapes created by overlapping the hand prints.


Notice my daughter's two-handed coloring. Why not, right?


My son decided he wanted to darken the outlines of the hands with a marker when we got home.


Not too shabby for a last minute art project! Hopefully I can get my act together and actually plan something for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment