Friday, February 3, 2012

Paper Heart Chain


Here's a simple paper heart chain to help decorate for Valentine's Day.

 All you need is paper, scissors, and a stapler.


I folded each piece of paper into eighths and then unfolded it so my son could cut along the fold lines.


Then he folded the strips in half and made a pile.


To make the hearts, we opened the folded strips into "v" shapes and curved the free ends inward.


 Then we stapled the ends together.


The kids worked on this by themselves for quite awhile after I got them started. My daughter cut the strips and my son stapled the pieces together. My son found out that he had more leverage to staple by moving the stapler to the floor.


And now we have a lovely chain to display through Valentine's Day.


Yeah, paper chains!

1 comment: