Monday, April 2, 2012

Eraser Stamped "A"


Using a pencil eraser as a stamp is a simple way add polka dots to a project. I used this method this weekend to embellish a gift bag my daughter took for a polka dot party.


I had a bag already, but I decided to take the Hello Kitty face off for this party.


But removing the face created some damage to the bag.


So I drew a circle large enough to cover the damage on a scrap piece of white card stock.


Then I printed out a letter "A" large enough for the circle...


... and overlaid the "A" onto the drawn circle. I used a pen to trace over the "A", pressing down hard to leave an imprint on the card stock under the "A".


This isn't the best picture in the world, but you can kind of see the faint outline of the "A" on the card stock. I didn't worry about the "A" being perfect -- the outline would eventually be covered by paint.


 I selected some matching acrylic craft paint from my stash and squeezed a little bit into a plastic tray. Then I dipped my pencil eraser into the paint and dabbed off some of the extra paint onto the tray...


... and started stamping dots, overlapping colors as I went...


... until the entire "A" was filled with dots.


I backed the "A" with some green card stock.


And I decided to add a ribbon accent to the bag by cutting a slit into the bag, fishing the ribbon through the slit...


... and tying the ribbon into a bow at the top of the bag. Then I added mounting tape to the back of the "A" ...


... and attached the circle to the bag covering up the end of the ribbon. After that, the bag was finished!


I think I succeeded in covering the bag in polka dotty-goodness. I might have gone overboard just a little bit,  and clearly it's beginning to rub off on my family -- my daughter dressed in a gray polka dotted dress and selected a spotted ladybug eye patch to wear for the party.


Hooray for polka dots and pencil erasers!

1 comment:

  1. It's very simple to find out any matter on net as compared to textbooks, as I found this paragraph at this web site.

    Feel free to surf to my weblog: Louis Vuitton Pas Cher

    ReplyDelete