Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Lake Washington 2/10


my last painting, "Lake Washington 2/10"

I miss painting. I'm not sure why I stopped before I ever really got started. I could blame it on me getting sick a couple of years ago, or my daughter having so many health problems this year, but the fact of the matter is... I just didn't make painting a priority. Maybe I'm just a big chicken, too concerned by whether anyone else will like what I create.

Ah, well. It's water under the bridge. I can spend all of my energy beating myself up over not going after my dreams, or I can spend all of my energy actually going after those dreams. I choose the latter.

detail from "Lake Washington 2/10"

So I'm going to be making some changes around here. I'm going to paint more and plan less. I'm going to clean up my art-studio-turned-junk-space this week because, after all, if I don't treat my own space with some respect, no one else will. And I'm going to be brave. I'm going to jump in with both feet and see where the currents of the art world lead me.

Watch out world, here I come!

2 comments:

  1. WOW Jenny!! That painting is awesome!! Amazing pixel (?) type technique!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm trying to evaluate whether the technique is worth all of the time it takes or if I need to move on to something new. Maybe I'll try a couple more before I decide!

      Delete