Thursday, May 17, 2012

Star Garland 2


After I made the first star garland for my son's Star Wars birthday party, I decided I needed some bigger stars for my mantle. Again, I used stars I already had and just sprayed the stars with gold paint and gold glitter spray. I probably should have base-coated the stars with black paint because the red shows a bit, but I didn't have a whole lot of time.


The stars themselves are a fun project that I found here on MarthaStewart.com. My stars have longer points, but they are basically the same. If you make the gold garland above, by all means, use gold paper or at least black if you want to be able to highlight with gold spray paint. 


I'd love to try the stars using this glitter paper I saw at Paper Source. I sure do like the sparkle! If I try it, I'll be sure to share the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment