Monday, July 16, 2012

Ice Cream in a Bag


We tried making Ice Cream in a Bag on one of our camping trips this summer. I must say, it's a pretty fun activity that worked well!

I mixed all of the ingredients in a big bowl before our trip (I made a Strawberry Rice Cream mixture) and then I separated the mixture into two quart sized Ziplock bags. Then I put each quart of ingredients into its own gallon sized bag with some reminders of the following instructions written on the outside so I wouldn't forget:

- Fill the gallon bag half full with ice
- Add 1/2 cup salt
- Put quart sized bag with ice cream mixture inside gallon bag with ice
-Seal gallon sized bag
-Shake bag until ice cream has hardened (about 5 minutes)



It seriously worked!


You shake, you take the smaller bag back out, you eat the ice cream.


The kids were amazed! And it was so yummy! I'll have to try it with other recipes in the future!

The best part was that all I had to clean at the campsite was spoons! Hooray for baggie cooking!


No comments:

Post a Comment