Friday, July 27, 2012

Recycled Tatooine Settlement


Some of the coolest toys are free. I taught my son this lesson when we created his new Tatooine Settlement.

This is what it looked like before we started:


Yep, those are molded paper pulp packaging pieces (try to say that quickly five times!) from something electronic. For some reason when I saw the pieces I immediately thought about Tatooine from Star Wars. Tatooine is the desert planet where both Anakin and Luke Skywalker grew up.

via

And since my son has a bajillion LEGO Star Wars figures I thought this toy would be perfect for him. All I had to do was use a craft knife to create some doors and windows and we instantly had our little version of Tatooine.


I made sure at least half of the doors were sized for the LEGOs,...


... and I sprinkled the openings all over.


These babies should give my son many hours of Star Wars fun!

Hooray for free toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment