Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Photography Favor


Well, I finally did it: I finally said yes.

I have been asked several times over these last few years if I'd be willing to take photos for my friends' projects. I always say no. I don't know why exactly... maybe I'm just a chicken. Sure, I'm nervous about being absolutely awful. I mean, what if I say yes and I end up with no good shots. It's always "what if."

At the same time I keep struggling with my inability to find my "path" in life. I know I want to be a good mom to my kids and a good partner to my husband, and I know that I absolutely need to do something in a creative field, but beyond that, I'm a little lost. But as I've been flailing about in my indecision, I've allowed countless opportunities to pass me by. 


So this time I said yes. I've decided that I need to get into the habit of grabbing hold of the opportunities as they come along. Some day, the opportunity will come and I need to know how to say yes to it or my opportunity will be gone in an instant.


I think I did a pretty good job this time around. Here's to many more great opportunities and the strength to take them!

No comments:

Post a Comment