Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Memory Jar


Today we go through our first memory jar. Our memory jar holds bits and pieces from memorable experiences had throughout our year. 

I had seen a similar idea on Pinterest in which a family jotted down memories onto strips of paper and then went through the papers at the end of each year. But my kids and I are a little bit more tactilely driven and I thought that maybe collecting actual pieces from our experiences might make our fun memories more vivid as we went through the jar's contents.



So throughout the year we collected ticket stubs, business cards, wristbands,... anything small that we picked up during a family activity. Pretty fun stuff!


I was going to throw everything away after we finish going through the jar's contents, but my husband wants me to toss everything into an envelope so we can look at everything again in the future. I'll let you know what we end up doing with our little treasures once we're finished with them!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! I'm always conflicted about throwing these little things away bc I hate the clutter and we never look at them again when they end up in a drawer somewhere. Such a practical no-brainer to collect them in a jar-a-year. I like the idea of just labeling the jar with the year and storing in the attic for whoever may find them in the future.

    ReplyDelete