Thursday, March 7, 2013

Paper Hello Kitty Cupcake Toppers


I decided to lay off the fondant this year and made simple paper toppers for my daughter's half-birthday party.



The pixelated Hello Kitties sat well on my strawberry icing-topped cupcakes and were enhanced with a touch of black pixel-like sprinkles I had left over from Halloween.


To make these cupcake toppers, I used a circle punch to create black paper circles and added pieces of foam mounting tape to their centers. Then I pressed a flat toothpick into each piece of mounting tape and then sandwiched the toothpicks beneath Kitty images.


For a touch of sparkle, I dabbed each topper with a bit of pink glitter glue. That was it!

When I passed out my cupcakes, one mom actually thought I bought them. Yes, I'm pretty proud of myself. I will say that part of what made my cupcakes look so darn pretty was this tip I saw on Pinterest. Look toward the end of the post and you'll see what I mean.

I love Pinterest *sigh*. It's dreeeeamy...

1 comment:

  1. Took me date to peruse many the criticizes, however I truly loved the point. It proved to be Really beneficial to me furthermore I am unerring to many the commenters here! It’s always lovely during you can hardly merely be abreast, however besides entertained!
    hello kity

    ReplyDelete