Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sparkly Favors


Party favors are often a little tricky: I don't want to spend a whole lot of money on them but I also don't want kids to go home with a ton of cheap little toys that end up getting broken in a short amount of time. This year I came across some cute little "Magic Paint Posters" in my local Michaels for a dollar apiece and I decided to wrap them in glitter paper for favors.


I've never used these posters, but they have small "paint" strips on the bottom of each poster and a user can take a brush or q-tip to each color and then apply them to the paper above. I'll let you know how they work.


I also found some pretty pink Twinkle Candy lollipops at Michaels and I thought they would be perfect for embellishing the favors.


Just a couple of holes in a long strip of paper worked perfectly.


I admit that working with glitter wrapping paper wasn't the easiest task -- my tape didn't work on it. That's where the long strips of paper came in; the paper strips not only added contrasting color, but they also served to hold the packages together. I also used two colors of glitter paper to help differentiate the "girl" favors from the "boy" favors. I wish I didn't have to do that, but the kids seem to be getting old enough now to appreciate the difference.

The favors were a big hit and I feel like I gave something the kids will have a good time using. Yay! Sometimes it's all in the wrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment