Saturday, June 8, 2013

American Pioneer Costume


My son's end of school music program required he dress as an American Pioneer. To save money, we used many pieces we already owned: a plaid flannel shirt, a pair of cargo pants (pretty much the only pants he has), and his hiking boots (because athletic shoes are a big no-no). But I did end up heading to Goodwill to pick up a straw hat and a pair of suspenders to add to the ensemble. I think those two items did the trick!


Unfortunately, the only pair of suspenders I could find had no clips on the bottoms of them.

Office supply book rings to the rescue!

I simply slid the book rings through my son's pant loops, then through the end of the suspenders, squeezed them closed, and voila: attached suspenders!


Now this little Pioneer won't lose his pants!



No comments:

Post a Comment