Thursday, August 8, 2013

Honolulu Roundup


We enjoyed our trip to Honolulu so much!

Seriously. If I didn't love the Seattle area so much, I think we'd move there!

Now that life has settled down a bit, I wanted to share a few other jewels we encountered during our adventures.

- We found a good selection of typical Hawaiian souvenirs at the International Market Place in Waikīkī. There are beautiful water features and trees here as well, so definitely check it out if you are nearby!


- My daughter is a pretty serious Hello Kitty collector, and surprisingly, we found a good selection of Kitties in Honolulu's ABC Stores, which was convenient since they are almost everywhere! The Kitties all have flowers instead of bows, and a good percentage of them have tans.


- There was free entertainment all over the place! If you go to Honolulu, ask your hotel if there's anything within walking distance... I'm sure there is!


- Friday night we watched the fireworks show on Waikīkī Beach. Hilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort provides this show every Friday, and since we like our free entertainment, we definitely made sure we didn't miss it!


- When my husband and I had someone to watch the kids, we enjoyed slipping out to get some tropical drinks at Duke's Waikiki Barefoot Bar. It's a bit over the top, a bit stereotypical, but fun!


- I've already written a post about it, but I enjoyed it so much that I'll mention it again. If you are in Honolulu, get yourself to one of the farmers' markets! You won't regret it!


- We decided to walk to the Aquarium and I'm glad we did, because there were so many little sights along the way! We saw the statues of Duke Kahanamoku and Prince Kuhio,...


... and were mesmerized by the Banyan Trees. The walk from our hotel was about 1 1/2 miles one way, but we never would have seen so many gems had we not taken the time to walk!


- If you don't get a chance to head out to Kona Brewing Company (which I'm surprised we missed since we were so close after our hike up Koko Head), you can always sneak in a last visit at the airport like we did.


Oh, Hawaii... I will miss you!


Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment