Sunday, August 4, 2013

Kailua Beach Park


One of our favorite spots during our vacation was Kailua Beach Park in Kailua.


The waters off Kailua are perfect for kite boarding, and since it's one of my husband's dreams to learn the sport, we thought it was only right to make our way to Oahu's eastern shores for a try.


The beaches in Kailua are absolutely gorgeous! The sand is pale and the area seems to stay relatively free of crowds. There was a lot of room for us to spread out and enjoy some privacy.


My daughter had fun in the waves while my son played away in the sand.



There is shade at Kailua Beach Park -- the trees have rooted themselves into the sand overlooking the ocean. We set down our towels at the base of one tree to watch the kids play.


We also watched my husband try is hand with a kite. The wind wasn't quite strong enough to get his weight out of the water, but he enjoyed his lesson all the same.


My son liked all of the vegetation by the shore. He particularly liked all of the seeds and branches. Apparently they make perfect soldiers for a battle in the sand.


I don't think I've ever seen or felt sand so fine! It got into everything, but it felt so nice between the toes!


Kailua's a dream! I can't wait to go back some day!

Fees: none, parking is free
Activities: sunbathing, kite boarding, paddle boarding, swimming, windsurfing, body boarding, kayaking, and parasailing
Distance from Honolulu: 13 miles (30 minutes)

No comments:

Post a Comment