Sunday, September 22, 2013

Cannon Beach


Our kids' elementary school had an auction last winter and after a few drinks, my husband decided to bid on a week's stay in Cannon Beach, Oregon. We won, of course. At the time I thought he had spent a little too much on the trip, but now that we've been, I can't help but think that the money was very well spent! I especially enjoyed going to Cannon Beach in September: the weather was still warm, but there were far less people!


 We spent a majority of our time on the beach. Why wouldn't we? I mean, the beach. Just look at it!!!

The kids chased seagulls,...


and we all walked along the beach to see Haystack Rock.


We played in the sand,...


chased one another in the mirror-like surface of the beach at low tide,...


and my husband had the chance to fly his kite.


In the evening, we made a fire on the beach and watched the sun go down.


I don't think I'll ever forget this trip! Even on the days we had some rain, we filled our time by playing some of our kids' favorite board games. We spent so much valuable time together as a family! I wouldn't trade it for anything!

What to bring: sand toys, bathing suits, towels, kites
Sights Nearby: Hug Point, Short Sand Beach, Manzanita

No comments:

Post a Comment