Thursday, February 20, 2014

Artful Mending


I found some holes on a couple of my daughter's clothing pieces the other day... Ok, I'm lying. I probably saw these holes, like, a LONG time ago. I always think to myself, what's the point of mending these clothing items? She's just going to grow out of these suckers in a couple of months! But here I am, several months later, and every stinking time I do the laundry, these clothing items taunt me. "Ha ha!" they say. "I'm still here!"


"Enough is enough!" I exclaimed to no one in particular. "These clothing items will taunt me no more!"

So they are now mended. With a flower and a couple of stars no less. Why not? If you hate doing a particular job, why not make it a little bit fun by turning it into art? Besides, I think my daughter will actually find these pink details acceptable enough to continue wearing said pieces of clothing.

*sigh* The things we do for the people we love.


No comments:

Post a Comment