Well, we loved our trip to Juneau! I miss it already.
Just to be thorough, I wanted to be sure to mention a few other gems we enjoyed on our trip.
- We shared King Crab at Tracy's King Crab Shack. The kids had so much fun tearing into these big crabs! Tip: go early to get the best and freshest selection.
- No stop in Juneau is complete without a stop at Red Dog Saloon. It's pretty touristy, so if you want a photo, you'll have to wait your turn.
- Next to the dock, we noticed halibut cleaning and watched for awhile. After just a couple of minutes, we were invited to come take a closer look. There's nothing like seeing bins of fish a hundred pounds or more!
- One of our favorite meals came from a little trailer next to the Juneau Arts & Humanities building, Happy Camper. Tasty, healthy lunch bowls can be purchased Tuesday through Friday.
- If you want to get a truly special, locally made T-shirt in Juneau, skip the touristy shops and head to Aurora Projekt on Franklin or a little shop (I don't remember the name) on the north side of Front Street. Wonderful, bold artwork at both of these shops!