Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Easy Dog Cupcakes

I can't believe our little dogs already turned one! We've had such a fun time with them that time has absolutely flown by. Ah, the joys of dog ownership!

My daughter insisted we throw a mini dog birthday party, so I dropped by Mud Bay natural pet store to pick up gifts and decided on some baggies of bulk treats and a new, strong-built "Esmeralda Turtle" Fluff & Tuff dog toy.

But I couldn't stop there. Of course I couldn't. I just had to make some Doggie Cupcakes.


I picked up some ready-made cupcakes from a bakery (ours were vanilla and lemon gluten-free, vegan cupcakes from Flying Apron) and I decorated them with items I already had at home.

I used Wilton Candy Eyeballs, a raisin each for the noses, and sprinkles for mouth details. For ears, I tore marshmallows in half lengthwise, lightly rubbed a few drops of water on the ends, and then dipped the ends in cocoa or a sugar/cinnamon mixture for color. I simply pushed the marshmallow halves lightly into the icing and they attached themselves just fine!


Our family ate the cupcakes and the dogs enjoyed some Bacon Peanut Butter Frozen Yogurt. Happy people and happy puppies! Smiling faces and wagging tails!

No comments:

Post a Comment