Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Rainbow Roll


Just a year ago my family was traveling around Japan. It was a trip of a lifetime!

Before we even set foot in Japan though, my daughter, who was eight at the time, had decided she wants to move to Japan when she grows up. While we were there, she was in absolute heaven! I'm pretty sure Japanese "kawaii" culture and Harajuku style won her over even more! And ever since we came home, she has been studying the Japanese language, watches anime every chance she gets, and frequently listens to JPop. All of this might just be a phase, or it might not. It doesn't really matter. She's happy, she's passionate about something, and she's learning so much along the way.

So my latest illustration is a tribute to my little girl: she's happiness wrapped in a rainbow; she's the little American girl in Japanese clothes who grows bigger and more colorful every day.

Oh, how I love watching these kids grow!


No comments:

Post a Comment