Friday, January 15, 2016

Rilakkuma Breakfast


My kids really liked the Pac-Man breakfast I created last week, so today I decided to whip up something a little more cute in honor of my daughter's current love of all things Kawaii. When I placed this Rilakkuma (リラックマ) in front of my kids, I heard a resounding "Aww, that's so cute!"

Rilakkuma is made of gluten-free pancakes I mixed together using Namaste Foods Perfect Flour Blend, and topped them with banana slices and melted Enjoy Life Dairy-Free Semi Sweet Chocolate Mini Chips. The small bowl is filled with frozen bananas and strawberries that I ran through my Yonanas. Rilakkuma is known for having some favorite foods and pancakes are one of them. But I included nods to two other favorites as well: grapes, and perched in the bowl of Yonanas, a mini marshmallow (I used Dandies Vegan Mini Vanilla Marshmallows) and toothpick version of dango (団子), or Japanese sweet rice balls I've often seen served on skewers.

What better way to start your day than with a Kawaii breakfast? Give it a try, I'll bet it'll put a smile on your face!

No comments:

Post a Comment